Flares


Back in time. The flares are back, back from the 70's. A while back I blogged about the comeback of flared jeans and that I wanted to try out this trend myself.
I remember the introduction of the skinny jeans some years ago and just like back then, the switch from skinny to flared is something everybody needs to get used to first.



If it were up to me, there are a number of rules when it comes to wearing flared jeans:
- The need to be long!
- The flare needs to be a real flare, so: big!
- Flares scream heels. Or maaaybe some Converse, but heels give those flared jeans a little bit of spice.

Keeping it simple was the key to this outfit - black pointy boots, a checked blouse and a black leather jacket. But I also added another 70's item: this pair of 'Poppy' sunnies, round with a little print.
What do you think, did I style this flared jeans the right way?





Flared jeans | Monki
Blouse | Oasap
Leather jacket | Whistles
Boots | Zara

Jint

18 comments:

(Retro) Sonja said...

Prachtige flared jeans zeg! En ik vind ze inderdaad ook het mooist met hakken! Heel mooie combi zo!

Anonymous said...

Great way to style the flared jeans! Love your whole look <3

Check out my latest post and tell me what you think!
http://www.hey-blondie.com/home/2015/3/29/frontin

Saranda Walgaard said...

Super stoere look, die jeans staan je echt heel mooi! En ik zou het zelf denk ik niet eens zonder hakken willen proberen haha, dus inderdaad definitely met hakken :)

xxx Saranda

Jess said...

Love the look of flared jeans, but it doesn't fit well on those of us with shorter legs :(

http://mimiandchichi.com/

Meg V Schneider said...

OMG your legs are so long! Gorgeous as ever!!
Meg of An Affair of Character

Bárbara said...

So cool, really, i love this outfit!!! xx

Anonymous said...

Nu valt deze Flared jeans nog enigsinds mee, maar ik hou er niet van.
Ik hou meer van Skinny jeans, die moeten ook in de mode blijven, love skinny jeans!!
Ik hoop dat jij ook gewoon naast deze flared jeans, skinny jeans blijft dragen, net als iedereen?
Want de skinny jeans kan natuurlijk ook nog steeds en is niet uit, de flared komt er gewoon bij.
Misschien leuk voor de afwisseling, maar niet in plaats van de skinny jeans!

Jint vd Brink said...

Thank you! Xx

Jint vd Brink said...

Thanks Sonja! Xx

Jint vd Brink said...

Thanks a lot! xx

Jint vd Brink said...

Dankje! Xx

Jint vd Brink said...

Thanks Meg! Xx

Joey Taylor said...

Love this outfit - the leather jacket is gorgeous x

https://northernmagpie.squarespace.com

Kim Buining said...

Oh deze flare is zo pretty! Ik draag zelf ze al jaren met veel plezier. Vooral in de zomer ben ik groot fan. Helaas zijn die van mij nu echt versleten. Tijd voor nieuwe. Heb je nog tips?

Liefs.
Kim / vintageandbeauty.com

Sara said...

I love the whole outfit!

I am following you on Bloglovin, would you like to follow me back so we can stay in touch?

MY PETITE CORNER

Eden Mint said...

Love the jeans with your jacket, beautiful outfit!

http://www.mintnotion.com

Colleen said...

Very cute look! I'm also loving the gingham top! Unfortunately, I think that flares just don't look that good on me since I'm so short so I'll be sticking to my skinny jeans ;)

COOCOO FOR COCO

Julie said...

That clutch is amazing !!
http://julieswonderworld.com/

Instagram