New: Canon 50 mm lense


The bloggers lens, is what it's called.
Say hi to this new toy: the Canon EF 50 mm F1:1.8 lens!



With my other lens - the Canon zoom lens EF-S 18-135 mm 1:3.5 - I could not quite get the background to be as vague as I wanted.
I read that a 50 mm lens was perfect for that. Ofcourse there are a bunch of those 'blogger' lenses, all of a different quality and with different prices.

So I'm not the know-it-all when it comes to photography, but here are a few facts about the 50 mm:
- The quality of the pictures will be better when you put the lens on a new camera. I tried on one that was 10 years old, and on my own new one. A big difference! So invest in a new body as well!
- You can't zoom in and out with this lens, so you are 'your own zoom'.
- This lens is perfect for close-ups. When you shoot a bunch of stuff on a table, you can put the focus on just one object and the lense will make the rest vague. Very cool effect.
- This lens has the maximum aperture (F/1.8) so when it's dark you can still take pretty (and light) pictures because of that 'big opening' in the lens. 

I played around a little and below are some pictures to show you what this lens can do.


 Even when objects are real close together, this lens can put it's focus on just one object and make the surroundings vague. Perfect for close-ups!



 ^ In this picture the wooden crate is only 30 cm above the ground, 
but because I put the focus on the shoes and the watch, everything around is vague. 
The shoes are new by the way, more about them later!


^ Outfitpictures: the most important kind of pictures for me. 
In this picture I'm only 2 meters away from the door in the background, 
but the background is vague and I'm sharp.
And that for me is the best way to let your outfit stand out.

Jint

5 comments:

B Ramida said...

awesome pics! love your outfit!

www.bstylevoyage.blogspot.com

Ira Kharchenko said...

I love the post! You have a really great blog:)

www.theprintedsea.blogspot.com

Nesrin Bozlak said...

I recently bought the 50 mm 1.4 and its gorgeous.

x

www.nesrinbozlak.com

wendy said...

Je gaat er blij mee zijn, het is idd echt een bloggers lens. haha.

XxX
www.wendyvansoest.com

Isabella said...

Ooh I want! I currently just take photos on my phone. I need to invest in a camera and lenses

www.indigoritual.com

Instagram